Friday, September 27, 2013

Literary Lacquers Strawberry Ice Cream Soma... Literally Gorgeous!

Hey, hey hey!!!  Well it's the weekend, finally, and that means tons of errands, running around, dance school, gymnastics, all that good stuff (can you sense the sarcasm?).  With all of this going on, at least I have a beautiful polish on my nails to stare at while I wait for Gigi to get out of ballet and tap.

Tonight I bring to you Literary Lacquers Strawberry Ice Cream Soma.  I received this polish in a swap and I am thrilled that I was able to get rid of a dust collector for this beautiful holo!!!  Strawberry Ice Cream Soma is one of six from the Literary Liquors collection, and in my opinion the most beautiful!  The creator of this beauty pulls her inspiration from books, hence the name Literary Lacquers, and this polish was created with the book Brave New World by Aldous Huxley in mind.  I must admit I have never heard of it, let alone read it, so no judging.

When I first applied this polish I noticed that it is a sort of jelly and crème mix.  The formula is perfect to work with, I didn't have a single complaint with the application.  I was pretty satisfied with two coats but decided to push it one more and use three, it built up perfectly!  Strawberry Ice Cream Soma is a warm pink linear holo that shifts to dark rose, almost purple at times and in the sun you get a total rainbow holo effect.

Here is two coats of Strawberry Ice Cream Soma.  Look at that beautiful sparkle and holo rainbow!
 
Three coats built up perfectly!  The formula isn't clumpy or thick so you can apply three coats easily.
 
I couldn't wait to capture this beauty in the sunlight!
 
I promise this is blurry on purpose! I wanted to show off how although this polish is a bright pink, it still has a warm effect to it.
 
 
This was my first experience with Literary Lacquers and I must say that I'm now a huge fan.  Sometimes, I feel like it can be hit or miss when trying a new indie brand, you never know if it is really as great as you hear or all hype.  This brand definitely can back up the hype, and I cannot wait to add more to my collection.  There are six beauties in the Literary Liquors collection and they can be purchased at the Literary Lacquers Etsy shop.  If you would like more information, including swatches, release dates and upcoming lines you can also become a fan at the Facebook page.
 
I hope you all have a great weekend and if you haven't entered my giveaway you still have plenty of time.  Don't miss out on this great prize package!!
 
Goodnight!
 
 
 

1 comment: