Friday, September 6, 2013

Essie Fall 2013 Collection: The Lace is On

Hey guys!!!  Sorry this post is so late but I'll get to that in a minute.  I recently picked up the Essie Fall 2013 collection and Millionails so I thought I would devote this week to them! All seven days will be a review on each of the colors and my new favorite nail treatment (slight spoiler huh?). 

So tonight, as I usually do, I put the baby down and got myself all set up to polish.  I was having a hard time picking which color out of the collection to start with and I did what I normally do... Ask the hubby!  He picked what I think to be one of the prettiest colors in the collection, but what I keep hearing complaints about, The Lace Is On.  I had this polish ready to be photographed when my little one woke up and wanted to come help Mommy clean up, which was such a sweet thing for her to do until she accidentally smudged two of my nails... THE HORROR!!!  So these swatches are round two, but I didn't mind at all since I got to spend extra time with my girl.

Essie The Lace Is On is a beautiful, bright fuchsia shimmer with some small, smooth glitter throughout.  It was amazing to work with, twice mind you, not a single complaint with this formula and no flooding of the cuticles.  Sometimes the clean up with these bright colors can be a pain but not with The Lace Is On.  This color is so bright and I can't stop staring at my nails, the polish just POPS which I love since some fall colors can be a bit more muted.  The only downside to this polish is that it can have some slight streaking but nothing that a good top coat can't cover up.


Here is The Lace Is On with a flash.  You can see some of the subtle streaking, but really nothing noticeable in person.

 
 
 Here we have no flash and you still can see this vivid fuchsia shimmer






For my cuticle oil I used Essie Smooth Trick, for base I used Essie First Base and my top coat was Essie Good To Go. I like to use all of the same brands if possible because I feel they work best together but you can use whatever you like.

I definitely do not think that The Lace Is On should be overlooked when it comes to the fall collection.  I'll admit, when I looked at the rest of the collection and then saw it I was a little confused myself because it just didn't seem to fit in.  I'm glad I gave it a shot and maybe should give the hubby a bit more credit too when picking a polish.

I found the entire collection about a week ago at my local CVS drug store for between $8 and $9 each.

1 comment: