Monday, September 9, 2013

Essie Fall Collection Wrap Up

It's about that time!  Gigi has gone to sleep, the hubby has vanished up to the bedroom with the dog and Mommy gets some quiet time to polish and share with you all.

I know I said that I would take this whole week and devote each night to a different color in the Essie Fall collection but I have received so much great nail mail this week that I can't wait a few more days to try them out!  So tonight I am going to wrap up the collection and Millionails so I can move on to some pretty indies and other beauties I've gotten.

I want to start with Essie Millionails.  For the longest time I have been using Quimica Alemana Nail Hardener as my go-to treatment.  I love it, but it really does sting the nails at times and I decided it was time to try something different, so that's what brought me to Millionails.  The box states that Millionails will build strength and resist peeling and splitting for visibly stronger nails, big statement to make but it is true!  I have been using it for the last week as my base and have noticed how much stronger my nails are and they are growing much faster.  Between diapers, baths, dishes and laundry my nails can sometimes become very brittle and the edges snap right off, but I have not had a single chip in the last week!  If you have any sort of weakness issues with your nails I highly recommend Millionails, it also leaves a super shine to your nails if you're short on time and can't polish.
 
The next polish I want to show you all is For The Twill Of It.  When I saw the bottle I really thought it was a beauty and was super excited to try it, when I polished though I was very disappointed.  It is a multi-chrome polish that shifts silver, pink and blue but the big downfall to this polish is the brush marks and streaks.  If you are a true multi-chrome lover then definitely give it a try but beware, you will have to be very careful with your strokes.


Twin Sweater Set is a perfect crème red and can be your basic, go-to red polish if you don't already have one that you love.  There's nothing super special about it but it still is very pretty.  I used two coats and it went from a light red to a more crimson color with the second coat. I didn't have a single problem with the formula or application and with the first coat it almost seemed to have a jelly look to it but it is a true crème.
 
Vested Interested is a beautiful crème gray with a bit of a green or teal color to it.  The formula was a dream to work with!  No streaks, brush marks, not a single bit of flooding around my cuticles, I even didn't have to use my trusty clean up brush so that says a lot!  I love gray polish any time of year but I think this is a beautiful fall polish and can still be worn year round.


 
So to wrap up the Essie 2013 Fall collection I would definitely grab Cashmere Bathrobe, After School Boy Blazer and Vested Interest if you have the chance!  The others in the line are pretty, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion they're not ones to run out and buy right now.
 
Tomorrow I have two gaaaaawgeous holos to show you guys, I really just couldn't wait any longer.  Hopefully I have a quiet and somewhat normal day (what's that??) and wont be too exhausted to swatch.  I hope your week started off great and if your kids started school today that they had an awesome time.
 
Goodnight!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the awesome review! I am in the market for a good product to strengthen my nails. Based on your review I think I will give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete