Sunday, November 3, 2013

Essie Toggle to the Top Review and Swatches

Happy Sunday guys!  I hope you had a great weekend and are resting up for a new week.  We had a great time in Salem for Halloween, and saw costumes that simply blew us away!  My Gigi was the perfect Minnie Mouse and a pleasure to travel with.  I was worried how she was going to do on a 5 hour drive, but thanks to technology (portable DVR and iPad) she was unbelievably good, we were even able to take a 90 minute haunted tour without a single peep from her.  I know, I couldn't believe it either. 

I wasn't able to paint my nails while I was away and the night before I left I thought I would put a new stunner from the Essie Winter 2013 Collection on, Toggle to the Top.  Out of the entire collection this was my favorite and stood out from the rest.  Toggle to the Top is a dark garnet, berry, glitter packed, polish that is absolutely stunning.  It is almost a perfect one coater but I applied two coats just to cover up any opaque areas, it dries super fast and almost matte but any topper will shine it right up.  Take a look...



 
 
Isn't it fantastic? I was in love with this polish when I first applied it and couldn't stop looking at my nails, especially in sunlight when the glitter was shining at its best, but my love affair ended quickly when the polish chipped in less than 24 hours.  I didn't even make it to Salem when I noticed that I had a ton of chips and the polish seemed to be cracking on my nails.  As beautiful as it is, just a heads up that you may not get a long wear out of this one.
 
Monday is approaching fast and I hope that you all have a great evening and a better week!  I'll be back soon with some of my new favorite indies and possibly more from the Essie Winter 2013 Collection.
 
Goodnight!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I bought it too - but haven't worn it yet! I seriously hope to get more than 24 hours out of a mani! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want this for Christmas! Love it!

    ReplyDelete