Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lyn B Designs: Additions to the They're Better in Books Collection!

Hey guys!!!  What a cold, gloomy day it has been here but I had my two nephews over earlier which really brightened things up for Gia and I.  You would think a house full of three children under 6 would be enough to drive me to drink, but it was really quite pleasant and I was so happy to see all of my babies together.  Gigi adores her big cousin and was absolutely agreeable to anything I asked of her as long as my nephew was here, it's really nice when you can see the kids forming bonds in front of your eyes.  Enough sappy kid stuff and on to a beautiful indie collection!

We all know how much I love Lyn B Designs, I really cannot get enough of this line and there is always something new and fresh being added to the shop.  This time the creator, Jenna, has outdone herself again and added five new beauties to her They're Better in Books Collection, which will be released tomorrow.  A lot of the time when we think of indie polish we automatically think of beautiful glitter toppers, glitter jellies or stunning rainbow holo's but these five additions are the most amazing crèmes and jellies that I have seen in a long time, whether being from an indie or big brand.

I had to try White Fang first because the brightness of this perfect white stood out from the rest.  Some of you may be thinking, "What's the big deal of a plain white crème?!" but let me tell you, I have the hardest time trying to find that perfect white to either use as a base, accent nail or even wear alone and White Fang is my new GO-TO white polish.  Usually white can be very difficult to work with due to streaking and the opaqueness of the formula, but White Fang is perfectly smooth and streak free.  I was able to reach full opaqueness in two coats and I love the way it looks alone here.


 
Since I was on a roll with the bright crèmes It's the New Black had to be next on my list.  Neon polish has been a problem for me many, many times because most of the formulas are very thick and trying to get an even finish, without being too thick, is hard to come by but not the case here.  It's the New Black is a beautiful crème, neonish orange that goes on smooth without any streaks, brush marks or pooling.  All I kept thinking about was how lovely this polish would look in the summer against a nice crispy tan!


 
After seeing such bright, vivid polish I moved on to the deeper tones and was so happy when I saw that there were new jellies in this collection.  Leather Bound is such an incredible green jelly with some brown undertones, total autumn perfection and I love how the brown pigment hints through the green in such a subtle way.  Jellies are always fun for me to work with and this polish was a blast, three coats built up perfectly and I received so many compliments on the finished product.


 
These beautiful jellies were screaming to me and Like Blood or Berries is unbelievably, squishy, jelly polish perfection!  It is described as a "deep berry colored jelly" and it looked like I had glass on my nails even before I applied a top coat.  Three coats were used to have full coverage, but I probably could have gotten away with two, I really wanted to see how deep I could take this berry beauty and was floored by the outcome.  I have so many ideas of jelly sandwiches that can be achieved with this polish in the future, and I know that I will get tons of wear out of Like Blood or Berries.




I always save my favorite for last and I promise you will not be disappointed.  When it comes to purple polish, I have a weakness, a true 100%, can't control myself, I need it now, no matter the shade, no matter the formula, I just NEED it, weakness and this polish is one I guarantee you need as well.  I'm Your Huckleberry is a jaw dropping purple that will look beautiful on any skin tone, any time of year and for any occasion.  It is described as a "blue toned purple crème" but those words just do not do it justice, the blue peeks through in the right lighting and the purple is so rich and creamy but bright and lively at the same time.  Once again, the formula was great to work with and two coats went on problem free, which makes me so happy because you can have an amazing polish but if the formula is tricky to work with I most probably won't wear it again. I'm Your Huckleberry is another polish that will always be in my arsenal and will get plenty of wear!


 
These five new beauties from the They're Better in Books Collection will be released tomorrow, and you can get your hands on them by visiting the Lyn B Designs Etsy shop.  You can also keep up with news, releases, swatches and promotions by becoming a fan of the Lyn B Designs Facebook page.
 
Tomorrow is Friday guys, I hope you all had an amazing week, have an even better weekend and I promise to be back very soon with another must have collection from Cult Nails... Oh and possibly info on a new GIVEAWAY.
 
Goodnight!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous colors. I'm with you, though, that white really is something special. Not streaky or funny looking at all. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that purple! On my phone I liked it a lot, but once I see the swatches up close on my screen! Wowzerssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete